Volunteers are the heart and soul of Friends.
- Online Volunteer Application
- Volunteer and Membership Application in MS Word format
- Volunteer and Membership Application in Adobe PDF format
You don’t have to be a member of the Friends to volunteer, but we hope you will. Together we do remarkable things to support the public library.
Many people think that volunteering means investing a lot of time. But we have a need for “short-term” volunteers to help us with the book sales. Just signing up for a couple of 4 hour shifts is a tremendous help. Below is a list with general descriptions of the jobs needed for a book sale.
- Greeter – Greet customers, hand out maps, answer the phone, provide information on category locations, discount specials, and other book sale details.
- Floor – Pull books from stock areas and place on shelves, put “go-back” books back onto shelves.
- Reader – Sort customers’ selections and fill out tally sheets, bag customers’ books.
- Cashier – Ring up sales according to tally sheets, handle money, run credit card transactions.
- Checker – Hand out exit promotional materials, verify that items were paid for.
- Parking – Direct customers to available parking.
We also have positions in our warehouse and in our downtown store, see our calendar for training dates and times.
Our volunteers do need some training. Let us know if you’re interested so that we can get you scheduled appropriately.
p.s. Volunteering has its perks: for every full shift you work, you receive a thank-you dollar and six ½ price coupons for your own book purchases.